Update 3/11/2016 – Native Custom Stone’s Go-Stone Panels are now also available online at BuildDirect.com
Faux stone paneling has been gaining popularity for years as a great alternative to natural stone. When considering updating your home with the look of stone, consider these downfalls of natural stone:
- Simply put, it’s heavy. For this reason, natural stone is not one of the most DIY-friendly materials to work with. It’s difficult and expensive to transport, and even more difficult to install without help.
- You will need specialized tools and masonry skills to cut natural stone into pieces that fit together properly. You could rent the tools, but you would probably waste time and money by making mistakes and wasting material.
- Since natural stone is so heavy, it must be installed correctly. If not installed properly, it could pull away from its anchors causing serious damage to your home.
- Natural stone is very expensive, mostly because of the high cost of shipping. Bringing in natural stone from other locations is cost prohibitive, therefore, you may be limited to the stone that is quarried locally and isn’t exactly the style you’re looking for.
Faux stone veneers, like Go-Stone Panels, are a growing trend because they don’t have any of these disadvantages.
We developed Go-Stone as an innovative product specifically for Do-It-Yourself projects. It is:
- Fifty percent lighter than natural stone making it easier and more cost-effective to purchase, ship and install.
- Very easy to install without expensive tools or years of masonry experience. Click here to learn more about the tools and installation needed for Go-Stone Panels.
- Environmentally friendly. Unlike many other faux stone veneers, Go-Stone is made from 87% recycled materials. Learn more in our brochure.
Go-Stone panels are perfect for updating the interior of your home. They can be used on fireplaces, in kitchens or as wall accents. Go-Stone Panels are sold exclusively at select Home Depot locations or online at HomeDepot.com.