Native Custom Stone introduces Go-Stone®, a new interior stone panel system for the do-it-yourself enthusiast. Go-Stone is lightweight and easy to install. No experience or masonry skills are needed. To install Go-Stone panels, you only need a few tools to get the job done and our installation instructions will help you get your project started.
Click Here to Download our Go-Stone Brochure
Go-Stone panels have many advantages over other natural and manufactured stone:
- Go-Stone is Eco-Friendly – We use 87% recycled materials in production of this product.
- The Panels are Lightweight – Go-Stone panels are 50% lighter which makes them easy to install using vertical tile adhesive.
- Go-Stone is Easy to Install – Go-Stone doesn’t require expensive tools or knowledge of masonry. There is no mortar, no joints and the finished project will look professionally installed.
Go-Stone Q and A
Can Go-Stone be used for an exterior application?
Yes, Go-Stone can be used for an exterior application. You will need to use an exterior thin-set mortar such a Versabond or Versabond flex. See our Go-Stone installation instructions in the following tab. We also recommend using a masonry sealer such as Natural Shield.
Can Go-Stone be installed over existing brick?
Yes, Go-Stone can be installed over existing brick.
Can Go-Stone be installed over existing marble or ceramic tile?
Yes, We would recommend that you “scuff” the slick surface using a rubbing stone or heavy grit sand paper before the install. After “scuffing” the surface clean with wet cloth and let dry. You will now be ready to adhere the stone panels.
Can Go-Stone be used to back a wood burning stove?
Yes, While Go-Stone is not flammable we do recommend that you leave adequate space between the installation and the stove. You will want to follow the stove manufacturers recommendations of adequate spacing from the floor and walls. Always use the protective materials provided by the stove manufacturer.
Can Go-Stone be used around the fireplace?
Yes, Go-Stone is very heat tolerant. We DO NOT RECOMMEND exposing Go-Stone to direct flames. It is suitable to be used as a decorative veneer for your fireplace.
Can I use Go-Stone on the inside of my fireplace?
No, We do not recommend exposing to direct flames.
Can Go-Stone be used in the shower?
Yes, You can use Go-Stone in the shower. We recommend a heavy coat of our Natural Shield masonry sealer.
What is the best tool for cutting Go-Stone?
For small jobs with minimal cutting it is possible to use a sheet-rock saw (always begin you cut from the backside of the panel) For larger project that require multiple cuts you will want to use an electric tile saw with a 1/16″ AvantiPRO masonry cutting blade. See our installation instructions in the following tab.
How do I clean Go-Stone?
Always be sure to clean excess mortar from the panels as you are installing them. To clean your finished product mix bleach free laundry detergent with warm water, use a sponge or medium bristle brush to remove undesired blemishes. To prevent future stains and blemishes seal with Natural Shield masonry sealer.
- 12″ Torpedo Level
- Ceramic Tile & Stone adhesive
- 1/4″ Notched Floor Trowel
- Drywall saw/wet-cut saw
- measuring tape
- Prepare work area by covering exposed flooring and wipe surface clean with damp cloth. (let surface dry)
- Using notched side of trowel apply adhesive to the entire back of the stone and set in place firmly moving side to side until set. There are three different size panels that should be alternated as the detail on the packaging shows. After setting your third stone use the torpedo to check level. Lay your entire base (starting at a corner if applicable) as you approach the end, measure the distance with your tape measure and cut stone accordingly (butting cut ends together).
- Second Layer: Make sure to stagger the pieces to reduce the appearance of seams (if you started with a 12″ panel you should be using an 8″ or 16″ panel directly above). Check level every third panel placed.