A GA custom stone veneer fireplace can give you the perfect place to gather with friends and family on cold nights. It also adds a lot of value to your home with a fraction of the cost in comparison to natural stone. If you have a DIY frame of mind then with a little preparation, you can tackle the project yourself. Or even better, you may want to recruit a friend to lend a hand.
- Measure twice, cut once – Go over your plans to see if they are simple enough for you to implement. Measure the wall and make sure that you have all the materials that you need on hand.
- Start sizing the stone – Whenever possible, let the stone merchant cut the stones to your specifications. They have the experience and tools to do a much better job than you would be able to do. If you do have to cut the stone yourself, make sure that you are using a diamond tipped drill.
- Time to mortar – Make sure that the mortar you are using was designed for the task at hand. Start assembling the fireplace according to your design and always remember to put the mortar on the sides of stones that can’t be easily seen. Let the mortar sit until it has fully dried.
- Final check – Once the mortar is dry, give the fireplace a close inspection to find any cracks that you may have missed. If you find one, seal it with more mortar.
- Clean Up – You can choose to seal your stone, but it’s not required. Now you’re ready to enjoy your new fireplace.
A great GA custom stone veneer manufacturer will have the perfect stone for your fireplace, or DIY project. Find a distributor near you and get started renovating your home today.