Manufactured stone veneer products is a great alternative to natural stone because it is lighter and cheaper, but still designed to look exactly like natural stone. However, as with anything there are pros and cons to discuss when considering manufactured stone veneer products.
1) Variety and Design: stone veneer products are, at their most basic, cement. It is the design, color and molding that the cement goes through that makes it look like natural stone — so much so that only a true expert would be able to tell the difference. There are a number of processes that produce a variety of designs and colors to suit any style or preference people are looking for, giving you more to work with when using this type of material.
2) Being lightweight, manufactured stone veneer products are easier to work with and given you more options as to where and how you want to install manufactured stone veneer products. This means that this material can be used with masonry, wood frame or metal structures. They don’t need foundation support either.
3) Durability: As long as your manufactured stone veneer products are used, installed and maintained correctly, you can rely on them to last a very long time.
1) Improper installation of this type of veneer can result in severe damage, often immediately after installation, therefore it is very important that you hire a professional to do the work for you. Otherwise the result will be severe water damage.
2) Exposure to certain elements will reduce the aesthetic appearance of stone veneer. Such things as harsh chemicals, paint thinners, de-icing salts, and cleaning solvents can scar and stain the surface or result in discoloration. In general though, manufactured stone veneer products are hardy.
3) Manufactured stone veneer products may not be the best to use in swimming pools, as chlorine can cause discoloration.
Again, to avoid water damage, which will result in tearing up manufactured stone veneer as well as any other affected materials that are used in the structure of your house, all the way down to the foundation, it is important to have a professional install stone veneer products to ensure that you get the most out of this wonderful product. If you’re interested in learning more about manufactured stone veneer products, give Native Custom Stone a call today!