If you’re thinking of a quick, relatively inexpensive makeover that will transform your home then Native Custom Stone’s exclusive GoBrick veneer is a fantastic option. It’s lightweight, easy to install, and it looks like the real thing. Better still, you will save time and money when you work with GoBrick.
So where would you use a GoBrick Veneer in your home?
Suitable Walls for GoBrick
Bricks and mortar have been used to build walls for thousands of years – and for every possible type of structure. So wherever it might have been used for building would be a suitable option for cladding the surface with GoBrick veneer.
The beauty of GoBrick is that it can be used to clad one single wall to make it a feature, or an entire room. It can also be used for exterior walls, provided the surface is properly sealed to protect it from exposure to water, frost, and snow.
Benefits of GoBrick versus Real Bricks and Mortar
Having said that GoBrick will save you time and money, you’re probably wondering how this can be possible. Here’s how!
- Bricks are heavy, even if you lift them one by one. GoBrick veneer is manufactured in panels and they weigh very little.
- Bricks have to be laid correctly using the right tools. GoBrick requires minimal tools for installation and no special bricklaying skills.
- Brick walls must be laid on a concrete foundation to carry the weight. GoBrick doesn’t require any form of foundation.
- Bricks must be laid using mortar to bond them together. GoBrick panels are installed using ordinary tile adhesive.
- Bricks are considerably more expensive than GoBrick.
- Generally, bricklayers work with a team. GoBrick panels can be installed quickly and easily by one person working on their own.
How GoBrick is Made
A revolutionary product developed and produced by Native Custom Stone, GoBrick is made in a mold taken from individual bricks chosen for style and appearance. Designed with DIY enthusiasts in mind, it is produced in a number of different typical brick colors with a range of different types of joint: deep raked, full tooled, and full brushed.
Each panel measures approximately 2¼ x 75/8 and weighs four to six pounds per square foot. Each box contains 58 panels and weight about 24 pounds. Corner pieces and window sill sections are also available.
Installing GoBrick Panels
The only real challenge when working with GoBrick is to ensure that it is installed level, in a horizontal position. This is easy using a chalk line and/or a spirit or torpedo level.
If you would like to do a home improvement project using GoBrick you can order online from Build Direct or Home Depot. You can also contact Native Custom Stone for more information.