A local faux stone supplier is talking about the differences between natural stone and manufactured stone and which one to choose. Organic Stone has been the foundation of building materials for thousands of years. Now, however, we have manufactured stone or custom stone veneer. Natural stone is a beautiful way to accent any room in your home, thought it does come with a hefty price tag, and time consuming installation that you generally wouldn’t want to tackle alone. Custom stone, however, is an inexpensive material in comparison. It’s also much easier to use for do-it-yourself projects!
Why should you choose manufactured stone over a natural stone veneer?
- Manufactured or Custom stone is much lighter in weight in comparison.
- Natural stone is no doubt a much more expensive choice.
- With natural stone you must first pay to reinforce the area, such as a fireplace, to support the weight. This isn’t the case with manufactured stone.
- It’s easier to create a custom piece from manufactured stone. The more you customize natural stone the higher the price is.
- Custom stone is made to look real. However, it is made to be consistent. For instance, if you use custom stone on your counter tops it will look natural, yet have an even and flat surface.
- Last but not least, custom stone is simpler to work with on a DIY project. You could easily apply a stone veneer by yourself.
If you’re thinking about adding stone accents to your home whether it is a fireplace, exterior basement, or counter top, keep in mind the benefits of custom stone. While natural stone will remain a timeless building material, manufactured stone clearly takes the lead when coming to DIY projects and accenting homes for less. Native Custom Stone has years of experience with custom stone. If you’re considering adding custom stone to your home, check out their online gallery!