When it comes time for you to sell your home, remember that perception is everything. You want prospective buyers to see quality in every part of your home even if it is only perceived value. Stone veneers are a perfect example of this. In a recent Real Estate Pro Magazine article, experts agreed that stone veneers led buyers to believe that the home was of higher quality than it actually was. It gave the home that polished, finished look that all home buyers desire.
Since it is a given that stone veneers will add value to your home, the only question is whether to go with natural or manufactured stone.
For the most part, you will always want to go with manufactured stone veneers but each has its pros and cons.
Natural Stone Veneers
- Natural stone has a certain reputation that appeals to buyers
- Very durable
- An easy way to incorporate materials from your local area into your home
- Extremely heavy which may make it impractical for do it yourselfers
- Very expensive
- Since it is so heavy, shipping is expensive and you are often limited by what can be found locally
Manufactured Stone Veneers:
- Much lighter than natural stone so it can usually be installed by one person
- Can look exactly like natural stone or it can be made in different colors and styles
- With proper maintenance it can last as long as natural stone
- Significantly less expensive than natural stone
- Really, the only con to manufactured stone is that it isn’t “natural” stone. But if you don’t tell anyone that the stone was manufactured then they will probably never be able to tell the difference.
Contact Native Custom Stone today to find out about all the different ways manufactured stone can add value throughout your home.