Architects designing new homes or drawing plans for extensions and major renovations often specify faux stone or manufactured brick veneer from Native Custom Stone.
The company’s manufactured faux stone and brick veneer products – Go-Stone and Go-Brick – have numerous benefits over heavy natural stone and bricks that must be laid on a concrete foundation using mortar.
Molded in imitation of the real thing, both products are sold in panel form and can be installed quickly and easily with no special building skills.
Benefits architects recognize include:
- Weight: Go-Stone and Go-Brick are lightweight and easy to handle.
- Cost: The cost is much less when compared to solid stone and bricks and mortar.
- Availability: A comprehensive range of brick and stone types is available, irrespective of what is normally found locally. Products may even be ordered online and delivered right to your doorstep.
- Installation: Installing Native Custom Stone’s faux stone and brick veneer products are so simple you can do-it-yourself, or employ unskilled people to do it for you. An architect who understands the system can oversee unskilled labor, rather than utilizing a professional team of builders. All you (or they) need is regular tile adhesive and very basic building tools including a notched trowel, spirit or torpedo level, and a measuring tape.
- Maintenance: Costs associated with maintenance are reduced, which will be a benefit that is likely to appeal to any architect’s clients. Whereas most other surfaces require regular staining, painting, and/or sealing, if Go-Stone and Go-Brick are installed indoors they don’t require any maintenance other than cleaning. Exterior surfaces should though be sealed for longevity.
Another reason architects prefer Native Custom Stone products rather than solid stone or bricks and mortar are that they can be used inside and outside, and on feature walls or throughout the entire house. This makes design creativity a cinch. Better still, the company will custom color products if required, giving architects an extra edge.
Native Custom Stone’s most innovative product is Go-Stone, which is made primarily from discarded vehicle tires using crumb rubber technology. Go-Brick, on the other hand, is a tumbled brick product, but equally thin and easy to work with. Both are available from Build Direct or Home Depot.
In addition to the Go-Brick and Go-Stone panels produced by Native Custom Stone, the company also manufactures faux stone molded using a fine-aggregate concrete.
For more information, you can contact Native Custom Stone directly, by phone or email.